Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Yes, YES! you can!

Not sure where to begin in this new endeavor of the blogging world...

I'm a runner, well at least I thought I was a runner. My 30 or so miles I log per week is nothing compared to the 26.2 accomplishment in one day by the 25,000 participants of the LA Marathon this past Sunday, March 21, 2010. All shapes, sizes, ages, races and willful participants PAID to travel the new course presented by the LA Marathon this 25th year, from the Stadium-to-the-Sea. Paid to feel the pain, paid to be a needle in a haystack, paid to accomplish. I believe deep within my soul that everyone can partake in this activity. In a wheelchair you say, the sight of the handcyclists crossing the start line and still going strong in Mile 18, well words cannot express this sight. Now, please complain about your bad knees, back, ankle....blah blah blah. Be thankful that you can feel the pain.

I am honored to have been a witness of this inaugural event. To each any every participant, I thank you for the many moments of awe, happiness and inspiration.

So, let me reframe from expressing my feeling as if I am not a runner. I am. I may have yet to cross the finish line, but I vow from this moment on that I will run at the least a mile each day for 365 days. No matter how tired, sore, busy, hungry....


Let this year, Day 1 March 23, 2010, begin a new chapter in my life. I will run, I will speak out loud about it, I will try to get the masses to follow! Do not tell me you can't, because YES! YOU CAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment