Sunday, August 19, 2012

Happy Thoughts

For the most part, happy thoughts rotate my consciousness. You know, life is good....and all that jazz. Ironically, life is good. True, it is a daily effort to slow down to avoid flipping over those speed bumps, but rocks make the sand all that sweeter. Recently, someone who I hardly know invaded my inner thoughts. How? Well, perhaps I am not as aware of my thoughts as the happy people would like me to be. Isn't the point to make yourself believe the happy thoughts. Perception is reality. Not a single soul out there can make another feel something without the way they perceive the reality changing. In the end, we all do what we want. This has taken me almost 3 decades to wise up on. This topic is ever-evolving and constantly on my mind. Now, I am not saying that there aren't selfless, caring, genuine folks out there. There are. I have been blessed to get to know more and more of these rare breed lately. What I am saying is, these people actually want to be selfless. Imagine having the desire to do good without any accolade. Is it really human nature to expect something in return? Absolutely not. Some -ologist just rolled over in their grave. Why do we always have to toss out excuses, reasons, explanations? The world would be a better place if we all didn't feel obligated to state our agenda. Just live. Go with the flow. Embrace the change. Live without regret. Ya, ok. Regret creeps in, even as happy rattles it. We all have our reasons for why we act. The truth may never come out, but when the rocks smooth over the place we end up may just be a mirage of sun and sand. We did what we wanted. We landed where we thought would be the best to thin the reality line. Enter the importance of the happy thought.
Smile at your consciousness. This smile just might, just maybe, will rub off on your subconscious. There's no stopping your happy thoughts. Just ask Peter. Just call me, Tink.

No comments:

Post a Comment