Saturday, July 24, 2010

Women and Football

Annoyed. That pretty much sums up my mood. I've just watched some "interviews", youtube videos and read some blogs on fantasy football. First, why are they all labeled, "girls guide to fantasy football"?

I am woman, hear me roar!~

Besides the feeling as if, as a girl, I am incapable of understanding the game, I am disgusted with the google search leading me to boobs and football instead of actual football news. Am I the only one who sat on her living room floor as a kid, screaming at the t.v. because all of a sudden the defense forgot which side had the ball! Come on', we've all seen Remember the Titans, girls like that REALLY do exist. And, NEWS FLASH, they grow into intelligent, successful women who still are in love with the game, not just the players. Sorry guys, you're talented and that's why you get paid the big bucks, not because you look good in tights.

As of now, I will be acting as a male when preparing for my 2010 team. If I don't I will be spoken to like a four year-old, flashed on more than one occasion and left feeling like an afterthought.

I am ready for some football, ready for some knowledgeable women to assist in the fantasy process and perhaps come across as an intelligent, reliable source.

I have to take a minute to acknowledge the 6, at least it took more than one hand to count them, female anchors currently on the every popular Sports Center. Although 3 of the 6 are married or spawns of high profile male sports professionals, at least they are representing the possibility of achieving this goal as a female in love with the industry, what it has potential to stand for and the greatness the entity can bring to this country in such economic despair.

Hey maybe, Sports Center could hire a female to engage the female fan in the act of fantasy league development. Just a thought, but this could lead to some kind of, ya know increase in female consumer actions.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bmZzjyO3iQ&feature=related


Ladies how does this make YOU feel.....

No comments:

Post a Comment