Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Where to Live??


As a recent college graduate, I obviously am in the midst of trying to land a job. The days of securing a permanent position while still cramming for finals seems to have ended. Or, at least I wasn't one of the lucky ones. So not only am I running obsessively to try and ease the anxiety that has taken over my mind, body and soul, I am researching the best places to live. This may be adding to my level of stress, but hey it is kind of enjoyable to pretend for just a minute I may actually get a job in a city I actually want to live.

However. The cost of relocating is not an economically wise decision when student loans are looming and job security, like the economy, is not stable. Two years ago moving to Southern California to pursue a master's degree seemed like an intelligent and feasible task. Feasible, yes. I did receive yet another diploma, but question if the acquisition of a student loan was high on the intelligent side. I am a firm believer that education is an investment, so my sleepless nights are not drenched in regret. The thought of not finding a job coupled with the desire to once again relocate is.

In my quest to cripple anxiety, I found a handy little quiz to take to shed light on the value of relocating for a job opportunity. Honestly, my tenacity will not allow me to sit still in one place for long without achieving any goal. Therefore despite the end result of this quiz, I will move ANYWHERE to begin my career. Well, Alaska may be crossing the line. I'm not sure how I would adjust to constant light. Morning is not the best time of day for me, I'm an accomplished night owl.


Take the quiz. If not to solely entertain a fantasy.

http://careerplanning.about.com/library/weekly/quizzes/bl_relocation_quiz.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment